Thursday, February 21, 2008

16 weeks 4 days

I went to my follow up high risk OB appointment today and had my ultrasound. Baby looks great is measuring about two days behind but was told that's normal. My cervix however went from 2.9 last week to 1.9 this week so it's getting shorter and I've been offically diagnosed with incompetent cervix. So my doctor has me scheduled for a cerclage tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital at 11 am ( and it's over an hours drive away) and my surgery isn't until 1pm. I'm so nervous I don't know what to expect and I don't even know if this will save my baby. I'm so lost and confused. I was told my only other option would be to do nothing and go on complete bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy which isn't guaranteed or even have really great odds. I didn't even think to ask about the odds of a cerclage. He did say that because it was found early and isn't considered an emergency cerclage (meaning my cervix is still firm and closed emergency is when it's already started opening) that the chances are better since emergency cerclages rarely work. So I'm hoping that's a good thing.

On baby news we tried to find the sex today but no go. The little guy was moving around so much it was so funny. He kept flipping and turning and everytime she tried to zoom in and get a closer look he would keep moving his legs like he was running. So funny so I guess I won't find out for a couple more weeks.

I did get my 1 hour glucose test today and I know I'm going to fail it because I had a sugery meal about an hour and a half before it. The nurse said it should be fine but we'll see. I also had a couple other tests done today to check for certain mutations in my blood and I also had the triple screen test done. Which I didn't really want to get done but my high risk OB didn't really give me that option which I thought was weird and I wasn't really in the mood to argue with him.

I did get some really good pictures of the baby so I'll share them. I'll try to update you all most likely saturday since I doubt I'll feel up to doing anything tomorrow.



No comments: