Saturday, February 23, 2008

UPDATE ON ME!!

Just sneaking online for a minute while SO is out of the room lol. He's determined to keep me in bed for the next two days.

The cerclage went ok. I went to the hospital at 11 am and got checked in. Got to hear babys HB and then had an iv put in and it hurt. I've had quite a few ivs and this one seemed much bigger then normal. I have very small veins and the IV spot still hurts but it's ok.

I had to wait what seemed like forever for my doctor because everyone was in doing an emergency c/s as the nurse said there is no schedule in L/D baby's come when they want to lol.

When I finally got to see my doctor it happened really fast. They decided to give me a spinal so I had to drink this foul tasting sour liquid which was the worst stuff I've ever had in my mouth LOL. Then I was taken back to the O.R. Can I just say that room was freezing lol.

I had the spinal done which I will NEVER ever agree to have done again it was the worse part of the whole thing LOL. It hurt horribly. After that I went completely numb and couldn't tell what was going on below my waist.

After that I went to recovery and started the long wait to get feeling back in my legs. It really is horrible to not be able to move your lower half. I got some crackers and juice a little later and was given pain medicine and some other medicine to relax my uterus to prevent contractions (which I had to take every 6 hours last night a total of 4 doses) and then when I could finally feel everything but my butt I got to get up and walk and go to the bathroom.

My doctor said everything went great and I have to go back to see him next Thursday but all in all I'm feeling great.

I've stopped taking the pain medication because the only thing that hurts right now is my back (at the injection site) and it's not that bad. Hopefully this works for us.

No comments: